Duxbury Youth Baseball Summer All-Star teams will be posted and updated as necessary here. All JR. Babe U13 & Friendship (2nd Grade) players must register ASAP and no later than 6:00 pm Sunday afternoon May 30. This is important for the ordering of uniforms and league placement. Please use the tab on the left titled "register online". The teams listed below are the teams that will be playing in the age groups identified. There will not be an 11B team or any third team in any age group. If you were not selected to play this summer there may be opportunities if a player declines their offer to play on a team. DYB makes no guarantee for placement.
Congratulations to those players selected and for those who participated in the tryouts.
2nd Grade Friendship Teams- There is no "A"or "B" team. Teams are equally leveled with information obtained at tryouts.
Head Coach- Michael Cole
Head Coach-Chris Graul
13- C. Toole
JR. Babe Ruth 13U-HC Paul Gleason
12A- Head Coach- Funk
12B- Head Coach- Florek
11A- Head Coach-Widdop
10A-Head Coach- Williamson
10B- Head Coach- Bridgett
9A- Head Coach-Hussar
9B- Head Coach-Guinan
*** DUXBURY YOUTH BASEBALL REQUIRES THE USE OF USA APPROVED BATS ONLY. THE MAXIMUM DIAMETER OF THE BARREL SHALL NOT EXCEED 2 5/8 INCHES.
**ALL PLAYERS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN BATTING HELMET IN 2021
DYB 2021 COVID 19 Guidelines
Subject to any changes or guidance issued by the MASSACHUSETTS EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS, the CDC and/or the Duxbury Board of Health. Duxbury Youth Baseball will endeavor to institute the following guidelines for In-Season Play:
1. Any players, coaches, volunteers, or spectators that are not feeling well or have any CDC identified COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. fever, loss of taste or smell, headache, sore throat, cough) are not allowed to attend practices or games.
2. All participants will: (1) wear face coverings, (2) practice proper social distancing (maintain at least 6 feet separation), and (3) maintain proper hand hygiene.
3. Umpires will wear a face covering at all times and will maintain social distancing (6 feet) from all players, coaches, volunteers, and spectators.
4. No more than 25 players can be on any surface or playing area at any one time.
5. No more than 50 people, excluding players, coaches, team volunteers, umpires, and staff can be on any surface or playing area at any one time.
6. Participants should not congregate on or near the field of play or in the parking areas following practices and games.
7. Temporary fences will be erected where necessary so that players can remain socially distant, but safe, outside the dugout
1. All players must wear a face covering (mask or gaiter) with the only exception being if it hinders the safety of the player.
2. Players should refrain from the following: (1) team huddles, (2) high fives, (3) fist or elbow bumps, or (4) any other type of physical celebration contact. Teams are encouraged to develop other ways of congratulating each other and the opposing team(s).
3. Players should have their own bottle of hand sanitizer at all practices and games and should sanitize hands when returning to the dugout or bench from the field or play.
4. Players are not allowed to share any food or drink during practices or games.
5. Players are not allowed to consume items with seeds, gum or any other food that encourages spitting or sharing.
6. Players are only allowed in dugouts when they are on deck or double deck, or are the pitcher or catcher at coach’s discretion.
7. Players should arrive at field ready to play. This means in uniform with jerseys tucked in, cleats tied, and hair pulled back.
8. No team water or food/beverage (players permitted to bring their own water, which will always remain inside their bag and labeled with their name, or with a parent)
Coaches & Volunteers
1. Coaches and other adult team volunteers must wear face coverings at all times.
2. A maximum of one coach is allowed to visit the pitcher at a time. When that coach visits the pitcher, all other players should stay outside the pitching circle and maintain a six (6) foot distance from each other.
3. Coaches should ensure that players remain at least six (6) feet away from all other players and adults at all times. This includes during practices, pre-game warm-ups, breaks during practices or games and times following practices or games.
4. Only one coach from each team is allowed at the pre-game plate meeting and social distancing measures should be followed.
5. When a team is on defense, one coach will handle the extra game ball(s) (see equipment section below) and will be responsible for providing it to the pitcher when necessary.
1. Players are required to bring their own equipment (helmet, bat, glove, etc.) to practices and games. Players will be discouraged from the sharing of equipment with another player.
2. All equipment bags should be properly spaced outside the dugout to prevent direct contact.
3. Catchers equipment will be disinfected if in use and transferred to a new player within the game or at the conclusion of each game. Two sets of catcher’s equipment will be provided per team to help expedite this.
4. Benches will be disinfected before and after each practice / game.
1. Please limit the number of spectators per player at games. Parents are asked to drop off or stay in car for practices.
2. Spectators must maintain proper social distancing (6 feet separation) and wear face coverings at all times.
3. ALL SPECTATORS MUST WEAR FACE COVERINGS AT ALL TIMES.
4. Spectators must remain outside of all team areas at all times.
5. Consuming food at the fields is strongly discouraged.
1.Read rules and sign liability release online during registration period.
2.Confirm your child is game ready (see below) before all league activities.
In addition to the CDC and State guidelines, DYB will also require and implement the following safety measure:
All parents/guardians required to sign/acknowledge a waiver of liability (during registration period)
“Hit-For-The-Cycle Questionnaire” for parents/guardians
Single – I took my child’s temperature less than 2 hours before their practice or game and it was less than 100.4 degrees
Double – My child has not experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days (fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle ache or pain, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell)
Triple – My child has not tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days
Home Run – My child has not knowingly been in contact with anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days
The mission of Duxbury Youth Baseball (DYB) is to provide a safe environment for the children of Duxbury to enjoy and learn the game of baseball. Our goal as an organization is to enhance every child’s enjoyment of the game through personal instruction, group clinics and organized games so that baseball becomes a source of lifetime enjoyment. DYB especially tries to promote baseball’s fundamental principles of sportsmanship, fair play and teamwork that can be used throughout life to become better citizens.
DYB is an all-volunteer organization.
DYB is about having fun while learning the game of baseball.
DYB is about providing an opportunity for players of all abilities to enjoy the game.